Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer says I am connected to the internet, but Chrome says I'm not. Help!  (Read 3221 times)

Chocer24

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I am running an HP PAVILION Dv7 laptop with Win 8. The notification bar says I am connected to my router and has excellent signal strength. However, when I use Chrome or other applications that use the internet, they say I am not connected to the internet. Ipconfig is not recognized in the CMD.  Help please!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Hello. I do not have Windows 8.
    However, this kind of behavior has been seen with other versions of windows. Did it at one time work  good ant then stop? Was there anything different that could explain the problem?
    Can your HP PAVILION Dv7 laptop be connected straight to the router using an Ethernet cable? Have you tried that?
    Does your wrestles router  have a special way to grant grant permission to connect? Some require you to press a button the first time you connect. But inn a few cases the router gets reset  and you have to don it again. Does that apply?

BTW: what is the brand and  model of the router.

Also, you may have to run the network setup again, in spite of the fact that it says it is connected. What have you tried?

Here is a thing about IPCONFIG for Windows 8.
    http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/101-401884/start-run-and-ipconfig-in-win-8
    Any help?