Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Buying Printer: HP or Canon?  (Read 2717 times)

aQuilla

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Buying Printer: HP or Canon?
    « on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
    I'm buying a printer and this is subject for heavy usage. I am a student and would print a lot of handouts and documents for research almost everyday, my mom works at an office and would also print 100 pages several times a week, my brother also is printing his ebooks instead of getting the original copy of the book. Basically I would want a printer that could be able to print fast and could last long with daily use and probably a thousand pages a week.

When it comes to printers, my mom would say I should get an HP printer b ut reviews would tell me that Canon printers are the best. Any advise from your own experience about these two brands will really be appreciated. My mom have already told me to get this "]HP Color LaserJet Pro 400 from that site but I am leaning towards Canon imageCLASS D320 on Amazon. Hod do you think could I convince her to get the Canon and ignore HP?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Buying Printer: HP or Canon?
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »
    I can certainly vouch for HP's LaserJets, while HP's newer InkJets are pretty poor, their laser printers are still great and very reliable, I have a LaserJet 4050 that is coming up for 14 years old and still works perfectly.  It has printed more than 95,000 pages over its lifetime (Used to be used in an office).

Then again, if you need all-in-one features, then the Canon would be a better option.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Buying Printer: HP or Canon?
    « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
    Do you have to have color ? ?
    If not a laser monochrome is a real workhorse.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "