Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: P_O_S  (Read 4584 times)

cab64

Re: P_O_S
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 04:15:38 PM »
I've tried using RAM from another system, that I know works......... it didnt make any difference.

cab64

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
Just an update for those who are interested.......
After much head scratching, brainstorming, and a little bit of good old fashioned luck, it seems that I have discovered my problem.......
leaking capacitors on the motherboard, which was a factory booboo from IBM.
Unfortunately........ the "good people" at IBM will no longer honor their extended warranty........... after being in contact with them I recieved the standard....... "We are sorry sir, but....... we are no longer replacing the motherboards under an extended warranty...... we stopped doing that as of June 30th of this year........ we are sorry for any inconvenience."......
Needless to say, I am somewhat less then impressed with IBM at this moment.
I am however, glad that I finally found out what the problem was with this box.
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the assistance you have given me with this machine..........
You guys ( and Gals) have an awesome forum.......... keep up the good work............. I will most definately be back, and I have, and shall continue to recomment "Computer Hope" to people that I know.
Again........... thanx Muchly..........................
Curtis™

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 05:14:18 PM »
Thanks for posting back with the outcome. We enjoy learning too!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »
Glad you solved it Cab...but i'd suggest phoning a local PC repair shop. It's possible they can replace those capacitors without taking too much of your money...
Good Luck.
patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "