Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Splitting a Television Screen into 2 Displays (from 2 sources)  (Read 2092 times)

Simplexity

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Me and my friends are having somewhat of a small gaming party this weekend, but there are four of us and only two laptops. I was wondering if there was a way to hook up both of our laptops to the television for the other two to see what is going on on both screens without much effort. This is a fairly wacky question and I don't think this can work, but you never know.

Ghaznavid

Greenhorn

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Splitting a Television Screen into 2 Displays (from 2 sources)
      « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
      Not really clear on what you are trying to do, but it sounds like you are trying to get 2 differing displays out of 1 computer?

It is possible to have 2 monitors (with great difficulty - as I am currently finding), but you won't be able to do something like multiplayer gaming on 1 computer with 2 players using 2 monitors.

But hey, there's always a deck of cards - or everyone's favourite, monopoly...
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Seuss

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Splitting a Television Screen into 2 Displays (from 2 sources)
      « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »

The simple answer is NO, you can not have two laptops going into 1 TV with a split screen.
      11 cheers for binary !