Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Complex Troubleshooting (PC sparks after playing heavy games)  (Read 2386 times)

polarpandabear

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hello!
    I'm new to this community and I just want ask for help to troubleshoot my system.

The problem starts when my PC is on when there was a thunderstorm and suddenly a lightning strikes near our area. It cause our household to brownout and I saw my router and my motherboard sparking during that incident so I immediately pull off the plug. When power was restored, my PC won't turn on but the LED on my previous motherboard(ASUS) is on so I immediately buy a Thermaltake with the same wattage(500W) to replace the damaged power supply

Luckily, my previous motherboard has a surge protection but sad to say, when I am about to render heavy files in Maya, my PC spark a little and restart again. so I troubleshoot myself with these steps:

Monitor Heat and Voltage supply with Speccy - I suspect first that the problem was overheating
    Replace my motherboard (see below). - I think my motherboard was also damaged
    Replace my old video-card with Higher specs (see below) - and so my video card also
    Exchange a processor(AM3+) form my friend and reapply thermal paste

But sad to say, when I render again the project. I hear some spark with my new motherboard. and I think that the spark was with the connection with 12V near the CPU.

Here is my latest specs of my system,

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 30 °C
    Regor 45nm Technology

RAM
    4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
    MSI 880GMS-E41(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1) 40 °C

Graphics
    VA1916wSERIES (1440x900@60Hz)
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ATI AIB) 39 °C

Hard Drives
    233GB SAMSUNG HD252HJ ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
    466GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C

Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24LS70 ATA Device

Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I already troubleshoot for a week but I need to fix my system ASAP. any recommendations? Thanks