Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Monitoring  (Read 2825 times)

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
    Wireless Monitoring
    « on: July 11, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »
    The guy that Im curently doing some work for is disabled know an has a huge tv that he would like to throw his computer desktop up too.  He wants to be able to do it wirelessly an we cant move the tv or computer.  He doesnt want to run wires ether an has a usb antenna adapter

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless Monitoring
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
    My thoughts are to use a wireless HDMI bridge connection to send the video via HDMI connection wirelessly to the TV which as a HDMI port. This requires both the PC and TV to have HDMI ports. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815804040 Linked for example of what you would need and not to solicit on neweggs behalf.

If no HDMI option, then send out composite analog video to a low wattage/range TV transmitter that transmits on say channel 3. May require an FCC license if not low enough wattage and may be an invasion of privacy to anyone who still uses TV over the airwaves who could potentially within range view contents.

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
      yes, he does have that.  so I cant use a wireless adapter an some how remotely send it to his tv

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »
      I have no idea what that reply means...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:44 AM »
      yes, he does have that.  so I cant use a wireless adapter an some how remotely send it to his tv

A regular wireless adapter just won't cut it. You'll have to use one of the solutions suggested in the above post.
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 06:46:54 AM »

Assuming this means he does have an HDMI port then you could get the system linked by DaveLembke.  This should handle video and audio, you may then want a wireless keyboard and mouse for controlling it.  Just bear in mind the ranges of these things, the HDMI should be pretty long but a wireless keyboard and mouse will struggle through walls.

While doing something over WiFi is possible, it would require what is essentially another PC hooked up to the TV which defeats the whole point really.

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 07:02:13 PM »
        right, which, isnt something that we want to do.  I thought that I just be able to do it with what he did have an I seen those units cheaper but, differnt manufacture