Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unzipping download  (Read 3392 times)

hughii

Topic Starter

Rookie

Unzipping download
    « on: July 16, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
    I have a 2 month old computer running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and I'm having a problem unzipping 7zip files. I have downloaded 7zip but it still won't unzip the files. I keep getting error messages.  "Error: VAULT_HandymanAtWork_GA_MRR76191.7z is not supported archive. I have tried downloading the file several times to no avail. Please help, if possible. Thank you

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unzipping download
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
    I have a 2 month old computer running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and I'm having a problem unzipping 7zip files. I have downloaded 7zip but it still won't unzip the files. I keep getting error messages.  "Error: VAULT_HandymanAtWork_GA_MRR76191.7z is not supported archive. I have tried downloading the file several times to no avail. Please help, if possible. Thank you
    You said you downloaded 7zip, but you did not say if you installed 7zip.

hughii

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
      Yes I installed 7zip

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »
      So what happens when you run it then ? ?

It may be a bad zip file...there's always that possibility...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

SuperTweaker

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
      I would uninstall 7zip and use Windows Compressed Folders to extract zipped files.  Also, Compressed Folders are easy to use by adding all your content to want to email or upload to a standard folder, right click that folder and choose Compressed Folder.  Now you have a legacy zip file which can be easily opened by a recipient.

If you are going with 7ip for encryption reasons, that's another story.

If you're determined to use 7zip then uninstall it, go to Organize on the Toolbar, choose Folder and Search Options, unhide (hidden files and folders).  Then visually search Program Files (x86), Program Files, User Accounts (your account) AppData, Roaming/Local folders for any remnants of 7zip.  Run CCleaner both cleaner and registry cleaner.

Reboot your system and run CCleaner again.  After it's cleaned-up everything Reinstall 7zip. Make sure when you install 7zip.

Let us know how it turns out.