Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: acer Cd/rw  (Read 2025 times)

Iceman

acer Cd/rw
« on: October 15, 2005, 01:38:28 PM »
I am having trouble with my cdr/rw. It is an acer brand burner, not sure of the model. it will not read any cd's I put in. I had been making cd's of my old vinyl records. But now it has quit. I have not changed anything in my hard drive. I thought the burner was bad so I went and purchased a new one(sony DRU810A) my computer will not recognize it at all and freezes when I try to run anything. So I put back the original burner. It worked one time and has quit again...Any suggestions?

GX1_Man

Re: acer Cd/rw
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:35:32 PM »
Hang onto that Sony. You will need it some day.

What happened prior to this? How old is the burner? Has it had a LOT of use? Are all of the cables seated correctly?

Iceman

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »
thanks for the reply...I found the problem with the sony. I had not changed the master/slave pin in the back. Live and learn...The acer is six or seven years old. normal use a friend said his burner did the same thing and he ran a cleaner thru it..that worked for a short while and then is stopped again..I am now up and running with the Sony..thanks again.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 01:51:26 PM »
Sometimes the most obvious things.....  ::) ::)

Glad you're fixed.