Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezes  (Read 3535 times)

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer freezes
    « on: August 27, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
    Hi -
    My computer has started (yesterday) randomly freezing for a few seconds and then going back to normal.  It seems to happen only when I am changing topics.  I have ran my security (avast, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware) and found a few things that were deleted but that had no help.  What should I try?    Bob
    PS   I am running Windows 7

Whitebeard1

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Computer freezes
      « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:07:51 AM »
      If your security software cannot fix the problem, then maybe it not because of a virus.go to  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286
      It has all the solutions to slow, crashing or freezing windows 7. You can follow the instructions there and download software like
      Microsoft FixIt to speed up or fix freezes if your situation fits. My computer was fixed there.
      Hope this helps
      Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Computer freezes
        « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:24:42 PM »
        Hi -
        Apparently my problem got fixed.  I am writing because somebody may have the same problem and can use the same fix.  I am using a wireless mouse.  The battery apparently was making a hit or miss contact.  When I reinserted the battery it cured my problem.     Bob