Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do Virtual Servers in an Enterprise work?  (Read 11154 times)

kimagi

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How do Virtual Servers in an Enterprise work?
    « on: August 31, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
    Hi all,

This might be a stupid questions but I am a bit confused about the virtual servers.

1. Say I have 5 virtual servers in a physical server, do the virtual servers share the same IP address of the physical server? or all of the servers have its unique ip address if I want to assign static ip to them. e.g. physical server: 192.168.1.10, virtual 1: 192.168.1.11, virtual 2: 192.168.1.12 and so on...

2. Say I have 5 physical servers and on each of them I will have 5 virtual servers. Do all of the virtual servers has its own domain? do I need multiple virtual domain controller? or just one?

3. I want to install about 100 virtual desktops on each of these virtual servers, do i need to run (TURN ON) all of them at the same time so that users can access their virtual desktops?

4. In terms of physical networking, I understand the basic concept of connecting to a router, server and client computers to a switch so that users can access the server and internet. But say there are 1000 employees in the company, how do i connect multiple routers, switches for each server to allow user access?

I will appreciate for your help! Thanks heaps!!