Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: svchost.exe  (Read 2974 times)

tc7

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    svchost.exe
    « on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »

[I have seven of these processes running at start up, three say svchost.exe- system, two say svchost.exe- local service, and two say svchost.exe-network service. One of the svchost.exe system one's is using all the processor time, I have to disable it in the task manager every time after startup. Is there something I can do for this. Thank you for your help on this. Windows xp, 2 gigs ram, 2.2 gig processor.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: svchost.exe
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
    This will probably get moved to malware forum section. There are some viruses that hide under this service name. I would perform a virus scan with an up to date antivirus if you havent done so already to see if anything is detected. I use MS Security Essentials which is free and works pretty well.

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »
    Mostly svchost.exe are infected ones if they are under your windows account username in task manager. For example: Admin. Secondly there spelling is something like svch0st.exe Notice Zero there instead of O.

If you think it is eating up too much of memory resources, as suggested above, you may need to scan your system with an antivirus. Some one from the anti-malware section will advice you with appropriate solution.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html