Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird sound behavior and mousepad  (Read 7902 times)

H2O

Weird sound behavior and mousepad
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
Okay so I just upgraded downgraded to windows 8.1, and for all you guys reading this in windows 8: don't get 8.1; you will be sad.  Anyway, so I got 8.1 and now my increase volume button is kinda.... I'm not sure if I should say malfunctioning or what but it's incrementing the volume by 4 instead of 1 when I try to turn the sound up.  I'm not sure if Microsoft wanted to make life easier on my lazy American *something* or what but it's annoying and I wanna know how to make it go up by 1 instead.  New driver?  Some secret sound card option?  Help please.
Also my mouse started acting weird lately.  There's a two finger gesture used for scrolling up and down, while a one finger gesture is used for general movement.  My computer switched those, so when I track with one finger, it scrolls, and I have to double tap twice and then "scroll" with two fingers in order to move the mouse, hoping that it won't interpret it as a double click....  I disabled the two finger gestures and it works okay, but I'm realizing how much I took the scrolling for granted.  Side bars are really annoying guys :(  If anybody knows how to fix that I'd really appreciate it.
I'm running a Windows 8.1 64 bit OS from DELL with some kinda synaptics driver dealy-o for my mouse.  I'm not sure what kinda sound card or sound drivers I have but if you guys needa know what they're all about, I can probably get those.   
Thank you for reading, any help is appreciated.   ;D