Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: There are no comments below a video on YouTube in Mozilla  (Read 9748 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: There are no comments below a video on YouTube in Mozilla
    « Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
    Lately I had installed another browser - Google Chrome. Some time after that I went back to Mozilla to see YouTube and... there you go! I can see YT comments now.
    Well... I don't know...

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »
    Keep in mind comments are not posted on all youtube videos.  Comments can be disallowed by they youtube user posting the video on youtube.  But, if comments are not allowed, this fact will be displayed below the video.  Anyway, just thought I'd mention this in case this might apply to videos where you saw no comments and overlooked the notice that comments were not allowed.

Regarding the comments about needing a Google account, that only applies to people who want to upload video content to youtube or post comments on youtube.  I don't believe you need to be signed on to a Google account to view comments posted for a video.

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
      « Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 10:42:49 AM »
      Regarding the comments about needing a Google account, that only applies to people who want to upload video content to youtube or post comments on youtube.  I don't believe you need to be signed on to a Google account to view comments posted for a video.

Yep, you are correct. Although it's not just a Google account. It's a Google+ account. I have a Google account, but not Google plus and I am not allowed a Youtube channel or allowed to post comments on videos. It's rather unfortunate.

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
        Keep in mind comments are not posted on all youtube videos.  Comments can be disallowed by they youtube user posting the video on youtube.  But, if comments are not allowed, this fact will be displayed below the video.  Anyway, just thought I'd mention this in case this might apply to videos where you saw no comments and overlooked the notice that comments were not allowed.
        Yes, I'm aware about this. I meant I had not seen comments below any video on YT (just in Mozilla browser).

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
          « Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
          Yes, I'm aware about this. I meant I had not seen comments below any video on YT (just in Mozilla browser).

But you're okay now right? :

Lately I had installed another browser - Google Chrome. Some time after that I went back to Mozilla to see YouTube and... there you go! I can see YT comments now.
          Well... I don't know...

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
            But you're okay now right? :
            Yes I am. Thanks  :)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
              Haha! And now I can't see comments again on YT (just in Mozilla Browser). I really don't know what the reason of that could be.
              But I don't worry about this any longer. It's not a big deal. I still can use another browser to see comments on YT.
              I just was really curious then what the reason could be of this. Writing this post I just want to let you know guys what has happened lately. That's all.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 06:42:07 AM »
              Trust me...you're not missing anything...
              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "