Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Line running through scanned papers  (Read 3962 times)

02bin3

Line running through scanned papers
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus printer that normally works just great.  Today, however, I had to scan 4 documents through the feeder so that they would all be included under one file heading, and they all came through with a line running vertically, slightly off center.  Anything I scan face down on the glass does not have the line; only when documents are run through the feeder does the line appear.  Unfortunately, when documents are scanned directly on the glass, you can't include them under one file heading.  I tried vacuuming the feeder and blowing it out with forced air, but the line is still there.  I would take the feeder apart if I knew I could do that, but I have no idea how to get it off the printer itself.  Anyway, does anyone have any idea as to how I could get whatever is making that line out of the scanner part of the printer?  Thank you,

02bin3

Re: Line running through scanned papers
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »
Thank you, I will try that link.  I would "thank you" by the more conventional means that Computer Hope supplies, however, it doesn't show up on my screen for what ever reason. 

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
I would "thank you" by the more conventional means that Computer Hope supplies, however, it doesn't show up on my screen for what ever reason.
That's for me too. Probably my doubts on the permissions of intermediate level is true.

02bin3

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »
Lisa-Maree,
The long link to HP didn't work, so I went to their Help Section, found their Forum and apparently someone else had had the same problem.  Once I followed their directions to get the feeder up (apparently not made to come up easily), I found a small sticky spot on the glass in the feeder, cleaned it with alcohol and tried scanning a plain piece of paper and it scanned line free.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.