Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot stop CPU from cryptocoin mining process  (Read 3941 times)

wannabe-miner

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Cannot stop CPU from cryptocoin mining process
    « on: December 29, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
    Please help.  I've screwed my PC up trying to mine Quark Coins.

I was attempting to follow instructions on the following youtube line:

http://reviewoutlaw.com/how-to-start-mining-quarks-bitcoins-mining-the-simple-guide/

The instructions are pretty simple and nothing should have gone wrong in theory.  I was able to set up my Quark Wallet and install the mining tool as instructed.

However, after mining for a whole day or two, I had picked up no coins, so I gathered that either I have made a mistake in pasting my Quark Wallet address, or maybe I'm  too late in the game and there are no more coins to be had by using a home PC.

My inclination was for the former, as I am visually impaired and use a screen reading software to access my pc and it is highly likely that I could have made a mistake in pasting the address.

Anyway, I was trying to stop my pc from running the mining script but could not do so.  And in the process, I ended up changing the mining tool's settings from 'Start when Idle' to Start when not idle'.  Or at least that's what I think I have done.

I have since then deleted the whole folder that contained my wallet.  But the issue is that every time I try to use my pc, the cpu goes insane.  This is especially the case when I am using the internet.  I think the mining script is running even though I have deleted all the related folders.  And now I can't stop it at all.

Please, please help.

Mind you, my PC runs on Windows 7.  Also, I've gone into system  config and tried finding a process in startup but could not find anything out of the ordinary.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cannot stop CPU from cryptocoin mining process
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
    When looking at task manager, which process is eating up CPU resources? Is this the program you had or a virus etc? If you know the name of the program that is doing this we will be able to better assist you.