Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer problems  (Read 2242 times)

bechap

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Printer problems
    « on: January 04, 2014, 07:09:33 AM »
    My HP 5550 series printer has been acting weird lately since attaching it to my computer. I notice that there is listed a HP5550 and an HP5550 (copy) in my printer and device file. I keep deleting the copy from the list but it just comes right back. How do I get rid of this for good? Is this a product of trying to share with another computer? I just want the copy gone!
    BECHAP

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Printer problems
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
    Seen this before with 5550 and 5610 models. If you uninstall both printers with this printer disconnected from the computer, and then install the printer again following the installation procedures in which the software is installed first and then you attach the USB printer when it tells you to, then you will only have 1 printer shown vs a copy of the other. This can happen if you have this printer plugged into a different USB port etc after a move of computer hardware etc. The last time I saw this it was when moving a users setup from one office to another and they had the printer and a bunch of other stuff plugged into a USB HUB, and when I plugged the printer in directly the (copy) was introduced. Following the process above fixed this.