Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what are the Diffetences between all the Editions Of the C programming language?  (Read 20523 times)

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Then good luck with your erm... endeavours... - Especially if you don't understand the point of OOP and seem to be physically in a relationship with a programming language...

Also no need to swear or use random bits of irrelevant code in posts - Code is code, English is English, you can't mix the two!

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

• moderator locked one of my topics for no reason.
    • Experience: Familiar
    Code is code, English is English, you can't mix the two!
    That's what High-Level programming languages do [As Well]. Not me.

Thank you all.
    a Moderator locked one of my topics for no reason.
    There are members here include bc programmer and comerongray answered some of my questions and thank them. but they did somethings bad to me too.
    Comerongray and squashman warn me sometimes about what I do in forum while they are not actually moderators.
    they ruined my topic as well as bc programmer that said something unrelated in it and so ruined it.
    now i can't start new topics anymore and can't PM to any member.This is certainly criminal

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
    That's what High-Level programming languages do [As Well]. Not me.

You used random code in your posts, that's what I was talking about!  Programming languages do use some English words yeah, so does C, but that's hardly what I'm talking about.  Even assembly uses shortened versions of English (or even full words in the case of 'and', 'add'.etc)! 'Move'->'mv', 'Jump and Link'->'jal'.etc.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    Structure in programming is not about shortcuts or mnemonics. It is about design and logic. You can have structure i almost any kind of coding system. However, some modem languages are remorseful for modern tasks.

A common practice  is to prototype a project using the high level tools. When an issue is found that relates to speed and size, attention is given to building a library of optimized  code fragments that can be used by the high level structure.

Back to the original question. If the OP wants a standard C, go for ANSI C. Even ANSI C can be represented in a modern style.

Ansi C Programming Guide Paperback - Amazon

The book "Ansi C Programming Guide" attempts to provide simple explanation for beginners about the various Ansi C programming concepts. This book is the single source you would need to quickly race up to speed and significantly enhance your skill and knowledge in Ansi C. This has been designed as a self-study
    That is the best I can offer.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    i love C. she love me too! we are Happy together. she is the best cook I've ever seen.
    You can probably hardly program in C yet. I'm not even going to mention the fetishism.

another reason for choosing low-level language, is it allows you.to.build things from basic and very basic and scratch..
    You never did answer me, however- why do the .NET Framework or C++ Standard libraries make a programmer stupid, when the C libraries don't? I mean, aside from the fact that you've sexualized only C so far.

but i look Yesterday.. cause it take me to the places where Things born. [Adventure]

We are products of the past, but we do not need to be prisoners of it.

No Logical Reason can stop me to forget learning C.
    Well, at leasr you're considering things rationally.  ::)

i was on C++ before. but Learning Object-Oriented languages is like.. Kissing a wall !!.
    Maybe you shouldn't be anthorpomorphizing programming languages and having relationships with them?

i'm learning intel assembly language, and it just... it just make me breathe! feeling relax..
    You keep mentioning you are "learning" things, but you've yet to demonstrate anything beyond basic comprehension...

it might be because of my brain that prefer Weird stuff Orrr...Strange..
    I'll vote for 'strange' here.
    Mobile Operating System:
    i see everything "easy". even when it comes to creating an operating system that operates many modern works.
    Taking us back to my comments about basic comprehension.
    include <stdio.h>
    main ()
    {
       printf ("Thank you all");
    }
    If you include code you should make it valid code. The above (once you add the missing #) is only valid with C89.

I guess this sort of addresses what you were originally asking.

I don't think any C compiler strictly enforces one or another 'version' of the C language. Many of them have their own extensions (including gcc) or will simply allow all sorts of different syntaxes. I'm not even sure which compilers would allow Old style C function declaration.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

Programming languages do use some English words yeah, so does C, but that's hardly what I'm talking about.  Even assembly uses shortened versions of English (or even full words in the case of 'and', 'add'.etc)! 'Move'->'mv', 'Jump and Link'->'jal'.etc.
      Yes. LLL too. but that's why i wrote "As well" for HLL.
       if anyone want to learn English from scratch, he/she  better take a few look at the HLLs like C# Or .Net.  they will help.

which architecture are those instructions Of?
      well i've just taken look at the Intel x86 so far. and as far as i know, there are no "jal" Or "mv", if you meant x86.
      but donno about the changes of the Intel x64 instruction set, if you even meant INTEL. Because i mentioned Intel ASM already here.

Thank you all.
      There are members here include bc programmer and comerongray answered some of my questions and thank them. but they did somethings bad to me too.
      Comerongray and squashman warn me sometimes about what I do in forum while they are not actually moderators.
      they ruined my topic as well as bc programmer that said something unrelated in it and so ruined it.
      now i can't start new topics anymore and can't PM to any member.This is certainly criminal

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

f you include code you should make it valid code. The above (once you add the missing #) is only valid with C89.
        I guess this sort of addresses what you were originally asking.
        I don't think any C compiler strictly enforces one or another 'version' of the C language. Many of them have their own extensions (including gcc) or will simply allow all sorts of different syntaxes. I'm not even sure which compilers would allow Old style C function declaration.
        hah. yeah the # is lost. thank you for telling me that. but I put it. donno what happend!
        Who stole it?! :)
        Will edit it.
        thank you all.

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
        Yes. LLL too. but that's why i wrote "As well" for HLL.
         if anyone want to learn English from scratch, he/she  better take a few look at the HLLs like C# Or .Net.  they will help.

I'm just going to assume that is a joke.  Also, apart from you wanting to feel "cool" writing obscure code, there is absolutely no advantage to that over using a language that is closer to English.  I mean, do you honestly feel that hard to read code is better?

which architecture are those instructions Of?
        well i've just taken look at the Intel x86 so far. and as far as i know, there are no "jal" Or "mv", if you meant x86.
        but donno about the changes of the Intel x64 instruction set, if you even meant INTEL. Because i mentioned Intel ASM already here.

Those instructions are from the MIPS instruction set which just happens to be the type of CPU I have written Assembly for in the past.  This brings me onto an interesting point... If you are so knowledgeable about this side of things and want to develop a Mobile OS, why on earth are you looking at the Intel instruction set which is (as you really should know if you at all believe yourself to be at this level) is a CISC chip.  ARM, as in what you will be using for a mobile OS, is RISC, so why on earth are you looking at Intel?

You also missed out my other question:
        How much experience do you actually have with computer science, low level programming or just programming in general?

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

But you know what, I don't know One thing about programming forums.
          that is: when i ask about anything, members try to.add other things to the main question!

it was just a Question that what.are the Differences between C Editions. the changes. even tiny changes. just this.
          I donno why you're trying to repeat All the stuff you learnt already!
          Hah. OK Masters!
          Respect :)

Thank you all

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

How much experience do you actually have with computer science, low level programming or just programming in general?
            didn't answer cause I really don't understand "How much"!
            ill stay always a foolish. and will not mention about anything I learnt. (Unless its necessary) and It's not necessary here.
            If you are so knowledgeable about this side of things and want to develop a Mobile OS, why on earth are you looking at the Intel instruction set which is (as you really should know if you at all believe yourself to be at this level) is a CISC chip.  ARM, as in what you will be using for a mobile OS, is RISC, so why on earth are you looking at Intel?
            1st I love it. and It's fun
            2nd because It's fun to stick to intel.
            3rd because I wish one day about 50% of phones carry the ATOM intel CPU.
            but you could have asked me if im learning ARM or Qualcomm Architectures. cause I am.
            And im not knowledgeable.
            do you honestly feel that hard to read code is better?
            For me, Yes.

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

hah.
              This is hilarious. cause NoOne actually has given an answer to the main Question!
              I expected a C experienced programmer to guide me.

Thank you all, anyway.
              DONE.

camerongray

Expert
                • Yes
              For me, Yes.
              I had to laugh at this one - Please, explain why "Hard to read code is better" - That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have read in a very long time.

didn't answer cause I really don't understand "How much"!
              Okay then, I'll rephrase that - "What experience do you actually have with computer science, low level programming or just programming in general?"

But you know what, I don't know One thing about programming forums.
              that is: when i ask about anything, members try to.add other things to the main question!
              That is usually because other members have found issues with your original question and are trying to help you!

ill stay always a foolish. and will not mention about anything I learnt.
              What is that supposed to mean?  All I can read that as is "I like to play dumb"

All I can say now is that you are clearly trolling.

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

I had to laugh at this one - Please, explain why "Hard to read code is better" - That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have read in a very long time.
                well.. keep it up!

Okay then, I'll rephrase that - "What experience do you actually have with computer science, low level programming or just programming in general?"
                don't see a reason to mention here!
                why? To tell every1 how good or how bad I am?
                Hilarious.
                That is usually because other members have found issues with your original question and are trying to help you!
                Didn't.
                What is that supposed to mean?  All I can read that as is "I like to play dumb"
                Sray hungry. Stay foolish.
                Yes. All You Can Say.

Thank you all.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                • Experience: Beginner

That seemed pretty clear when he was talking about something grossly inappropriate thinking we were "his friends".
                I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

m_ilad__

Topic Starter

Beginner

That seemed pretty clear when he was talking about something grossly inappropriate thinking we were "his friends".
                  O Really? hah ok My Not-Friend.
                  and waoo... "We" ?!
                  that "We" couldn't even give the right answer to the main question.
                  and my not-friend, wouldn't it be better to open a classroom and teach students the things you know?
                  And at the beginning of the class, tell 'em "I know everything and will tell you all even if you wouldn't ask me or like it" ?

Thank you all. [Especially my not-friend]