Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Run Spotify; Windows 7 64 bit  (Read 3003 times)

Warthog01

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Can't Run Spotify; Windows 7 64 bit
    « on: February 12, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »
    Hi

I downloaded Spotify yesterday and have had problems from the start. I was finally able to install it, but only in safe mode. Now when I try to open it (or Open as administrator) I get a message "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator."

This is my private Dell Inspiron laptop. I'm not part of a domain and, as far as I'm aware, the only system administrator is ME.

Any ideas out there????

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't Run Spotify; Windows 7 64 bit
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »
    Have you contacted the Spotify vendor to see if they have any solutions for this? I have played music through the web but have not purchased the subscription yet. I have been able to play music with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit at their website with no problems such as the group Amaranthe.

Only drawback to no subscription is that I get the occasional commercial on like every 3rd song played and dont have access to everything but a smaller selection of music.

A google search shows lots of info on this specific issue. Have you checked into those hits on this group policy problem?

https://www.google.com/#q=spotify+group+policy