Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help setting up my webcam. HP HD-2200  (Read 3388 times)

WontMakeAMess

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I need help setting up my webcam. HP HD-2200
    « on: February 16, 2014, 12:25:24 AM »
    I bought the HP HD-2200 and it doesn't work when i plugged it in  >:(
    I installed the software and it didn't help, when i plug in the webcam the top will turn blue for about 3 seconds and turn back off.
    After installing the software i opened the Webcam Companion and it didnt find my camera. I've been installing it and re installing it and it has been very frustrating. I've uninstalled the software through the programs and features but it still didn't work.
    I tried using Skype with it and it finds the camera but tells me to close other applications that are running it when nothing is opened.
    I played with the drivers and it didn't help. I've went to the Device Manager and it recognizes the webcam and says that it is working but it still doesnt work. I've checked the drivers and it says that it's updated already.

any help will be appreciated =]

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: I need help setting up my webcam. HP HD-2200
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
    If this connects via USB try the following:

Uninstall the webcam software via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

In Device Manager find the cam and uninstall it there also.

Power down...unplug the cam and re-boot...run the Cam software install...wait for it to prompt you before you plug in the Cam...
    You should then be good to go...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "