Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: user controls not allowing changes "ready to surrender"  (Read 3175 times)

thellcon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    user controls not allowing changes "ready to surrender"
    « on: April 09, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
    I am not able to make any changes to my user accounts, can't add accounts ( when I attempt to add an account I receive the message" the specified account name is not valid because account names cannot contain the following characters" even though none of the specified characters have been used), can't change administrator etc....,

-I have tried enabling the hidden admin account by using (net user administrator /active:yes) I have done this under the elevated command prompt as an administrator as well as in safe mode with the same result: "access denied" "system error 5 has occurred" I get the same response when trying to add a new user account through the elevated command prompt.

-I have tried enabling the default admin account through winre using method II. I enter the registry editor=go to hkey_local_machine=load hive=enter config=When I choose the SAM file and click open I receive the message "this file is in use. enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program"

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: user controls not allowing changes "ready to surrender"
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »
    Sounds like in effect all the changes you made have nullified any Admin controls on any account...
    Have you tried a system restore back to before you started making changes ? ?
    If the safemode Admin account wont even allow changes i fear you are looking at a wipe and clean install.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "