Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will this all work together?  (Read 12702 times)

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Will this all work together?
    « on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
    UPDATED LINK will this all work together http://pcpartpicker.com/user/computerNoob898/saved/4jWA ? Don't know from estimate wattage on top the list because I added custom video card.
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:01:19 PM by computerNoob898 »

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Will this all work together?
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
    list what card it is full make and model and what name maker.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
      list what card it is full make and model and what name maker.
      its at the bottom of the list under custom.

lostcoast

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
      you should upgrade that card to a 750ti  and the power supply is fine for wattage needed
      I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »
        you should upgrade that card to a 750ti  and the power supply is fine for wattage needed
        isn't 560 ti and 750 ti about the same performance? look here http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 05:53:37 AM »
        The 750ti is much newer so even though it may be similar to the 560ti in benchmarks, it will have more features and is much more power efficient (I used to have a 560ti and it was a great card, but I bought that back in 2011).

That power supply is okay but is an older model - This is a newer, better unit and is a lot cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

You don't need all those fans at all - All you'll end up doing is making the PC very loud.  Just get two fans - Put one in the front intaking and one in the back exhausting - That will provide more than enough cooling for the system and the money you save would cover a 750ti.  The CPU also includes a cooler for itself so you don't need to buy a separate CPU cooler either.

You may also want to replace that board with one that supports USB 3.0 and SATA III.

I'd also strongly recommend getting a better case, that one you have will be very cheaply made - A better one will be quieter and easier to build in - They also often include fans from the factory.

Also consider getting two matched sticks of RAM rather than just a single one - This way they will run in Dual Channel mode which is faster.
        « Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:07:11 AM by camerongray »

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:05:05 AM »
        Here's a list with a few changes I made: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pk8p

I changed the PSU to that better one I mentioned earlier, added the 750ti and removed all the fans.  I also swapped the motherboard for a better one that supports USB 3.0 and SATA III (Which you'd really need if you get an SSD in the future).  I then replaced the case with a much better made one from Fractal Design which will include all the fans you need.  I also swapped out the RAM for a pair of 2gb sticks.

All this, for $4 more.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »
        isn't 560 ti and 750 ti about the same performance? look here http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

The 750ti is much newer so even though it may be similar to the 560ti in benchmarks, it will have more features and is much more power efficient (I used to have a 560ti and it was a great card, but I bought that back in 2011).

In addition, that site is next to useless for comparing video card performance, I would disregard it entirely as many results are hilariously incorrect.

The 750Ti and 560Ti are fairly close in performance in most cases, but the 750Ti usually edges the older card out.  In addition, camerongray is right that the 750Ti is much newer and much more power efficient, it's a real step forward especially in terms of performance per watt.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »
          Here's a list with a few changes I made: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pk8p

I changed the PSU to that better one I mentioned earlier, added the 750ti and removed all the fans.  I also swapped the motherboard for a better one that supports USB 3.0 and SATA III (Which you'd really need if you get an SSD in the future).  I then replaced the case with a much better made one from Fractal Design which will include all the fans you need.  I also swapped out the RAM for a pair of 2gb sticks.

All this, for $4 more.
          the asus is usb 3.0. you need to do the legwork.

camerongray

Expert
            • Yes
          « Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »
          the asus is usb 3.0. you need to do the legwork.

It is USB 3.0 yes, however it does not have SATA III.  You also need to watch your manners, you pick on the ASUS having USB 3.0 and say I need to do legwork, blatantly ignoring the fact that I gave you a lot of help and spent a lot of my own time selecting parts for you.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
            It is USB 3.0 yes, however it does not have SATA III.  You also need to watch your manners, you pick on the ASUS having USB 3.0 and say I need to do legwork, blatantly ignoring the fact that I gave you a lot of help and spent a lot of my own time selecting parts for you.
            sorry didn't mean to offend you

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »
              can you put a 80mm case fan on a 120mm fan port?

camerongray

Expert
                • Yes
              « Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
              It depends if the case supports this - Some do, some don't - As you are buying everything new, just get a 120mm fan.  As I said though, there's very little need to fuss about fans - Most decent cases like the Fractal Design I used include enough fans to cool the system sufficiently.  For a machine like yours, you should only need 2 fans.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
                It depends if the case supports this - Some do, some don't - As you are buying everything new, just get a 120mm fan.  As I said though, there's very little need to fuss about fans - Most decent cases like the Fractal Design I used include enough fans to cool the system sufficiently.  For a machine like yours, you should only need 2 fans.
                can the one specifically I pick support 80mm. it has 120mm ports. im trying to save money.

camerongray

Expert
                  • Yes
                « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
                The original link you posted doesn't seem to work.  I would however strongly urge you to get a better case than that "ultra" one you had - They are very low quality so will feel cheap, be loud and rattly and difficult to build in.  A 120mm fan shouldn't cost too much more than an 80mm one, if this is happening then you are looking at really low end fans that will likely be very loud and low quality.

Have you looked at the parts list I posted?  It worked out $4 cheaper and was significantly better.