Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will this all work together?  (Read 12707 times)

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Will this all work together?
    « Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 08:51:24 AM »
    Avoid MSI motherboards along with ASRock - Stick to Gigabyte or ASUS.  MSI and ASRock are budget brands.
    yes exactly. dont you remember i told you im on a budget.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
      which is better in CPU? more GHz, cores, bus speed, or cache? or something else?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 08:58:47 AM »
      I deleted one of your threads. Keep everything in this thread.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
      which is better in CPU? more GHz, cores, bus speed, or cache? or something else?

It's very difficult to gauge CPU performance by those terms nowadays, the only decent way you can do it is based on where they are positioned in the range of low to high end and then by real world benchmarks and performance tests.

If you posted the CPUs you are thinking about here we can take a look at their performance?  What was wrong with the FX-6300 you had earlier?

yes exactly. dont you remember i told you im on a budget.
      Again, watch your attitude.  When I say budget brands I mean they are lower quality than something like Gigabyte or ASUS but the price difference between them isn't big enough to be worthwhile getting MSI/ASRock over them.  Just because you are "on a budget" doesn't mean you should cut corners at every possible opportunity, otherwise you'll end up with a low quality system.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
        It's very difficult to gauge CPU performance by those terms nowadays, the only decent way you can do it is based on where they are positioned in the range of low to high end and then by real world benchmarks and performance tests.

If you posted the CPUs you are thinking about here we can take a look at their performance?  What was wrong with the FX-6300 you had earlier?
        Again, watch your attitude.  When I say budget brands I mean they are lower quality than something like Gigabyte or ASUS but the price difference between them isn't big enough to be worthwhile getting MSI/ASRock over them.  Just because you are "on a budget" doesn't mean you should cut corners at every possible opportunity, otherwise you'll end up with a low quality system.
          ill post soon need to gather up some. but which is better for gaming, should i choose GPU or CPU, which one to sacrafice?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 11:15:56 AM »
        Bottom line in all of this as i see it is budget and gaming shouldn't be in the same sentence...you get what you pay for.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
        « Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
          ill post soon need to gather up some. but which is better for gaming, should i choose GPU or CPU, which one to sacrafice?

For gaming you generally GPU is more important up until a certain point but you need a good CPU/GPU balance.  What was wrong with the original system of a FX-6300 and GeForce 750ti - This gave a very good balance for a good price.

Gaming PCs aren't cheap, the sheer price shouldn't be the first thing on your mind - If you need something cheap then your best bet is a console.  You can only cut down on a PC to a certain extent without impacting the quality - The link I posted is really the lowest I would ever consider going.

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
          what kind of cords for psu to get it running?

camerongray

Expert
            • Yes
          « Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
          what kind of cords for psu to get it running?

As I already told you on IRC, you need a standard IEC/Kettle lead.

The more important thing is - What parts are you looking at?  Are you being deliberately vague?

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 09:56:07 AM »
            As I already told you on IRC, you need a standard IEC/Kettle lead.

The more important thing is - What parts are you looking at?  Are you being deliberately vague?
            I still ask because Im still not sure whats it called. is it called iec/kettle lead or something else?

camerongray

Expert
              • Yes
            « Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »
            I still ask because Im still not sure whats it called. is it called iec/kettle lead or something else?
            It is the standard lead you would use for any PC - Any computer store will know what you are talking about.  Chances are the PSU will include it anyway.

And again, what parts list do you have now?

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
              It is the standard lead you would use for any PC - Any computer store will know what you are talking about.  Chances are the PSU will include it anyway.

And again, what parts list do you have now?

the first link I posted at chat

camerongray

Expert
                • Yes
              « Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »
              the first link I posted at chat

So this one? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/computerNoob898/saved/4lKk

I don't even know where to start on that one - MSI motherboard that's no cheaper than a better Gigabyte one, a $84.99 case despite you claiming that you couldn't afford anything better than that "Ultra" one earlier and a ridiculously overpriced piece of junk power supply.

Are you seriously just mucking around now because you seem to be asking for help then completely ignoring what is being said.

Once again, look at the parts list I posted ages ago: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pk8p.  In comparison it works out around the same price, has a better board, hard drive, RAM (dual channel), power supply and video card. Why have you never seemed to even mention this or comment on it?

computerNoob898

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »
                So this one? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/computerNoob898/saved/4lKk

I don't even know where to start on that one - MSI motherboard that's no cheaper than a better Gigabyte one, a $84.99 case despite you claiming that you couldn't afford anything better than that "Ultra" one earlier and a ridiculously overpriced piece of junk power supply.

Are you seriously just mucking around now because you seem to be asking for help then completely ignoring what is being said.

Once again, look at the parts list I posted ages ago: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pk8p.  In comparison it works out around the same price, has a better board, hard drive, RAM (dual channel), power supply and video card. Why have you never seemed to even mention this or comment on it?
                no not that this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/computerNoob898/saved/4lKa

camerongray

Expert
                  • Yes
                « Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 10:32:36 AM »
                no not that this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/computerNoob898/saved/4lKa

Well, I'll just ignore the fact that you claimed that that was the "wrong link" on IRC.  That is still not a good build - CPU is weaker and more expensive than a FX-6300, Board is still MSI, Less RAM and running in single channel, very expensive case and a very unknown PSU that is very expensive.

For the nth time, what about the build I linked?  Why are you simply ignoring it?