Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 9 release date, news and rumors.  (Read 5814 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Windows 9 release date, news and rumors.
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:41:23 PM »
Hardly news, But the rumors have some little hints that might mean something to you. You will have to decide if you want to continue with Microsoft producrs of just drop it altogether.
In January 2014, well-known Microsoft blogger Paul Thurrott said he believes the company plans to release Windows 9 (codenamed Threshold) in April 2015, less than three years after Windows 8.

The thinking appears to be that the Windows 8 name is now too tarnished and that - in contrast to Reller's comments above - Microsoft wishes to clear things out by releasing Windows 9 instead.
Source:
Windows 9 release date, news and rumors

The article also hints that it is not an improvement to windows 8. Instead, an improvement to Windows 7. What?   -- Yeah, he said that.

Remember the Sy Fi android  called '7 of 9'?     8)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows 9 release date, news and rumors.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »
Most articles of this nature are just a writer making things up as they go along so they can push out another column. It's links to speculative information and nothing more.

Remember the Sy Fi android  called '7 of 9'?
seven of nine tertiary adjunct of Unimatrix zero-one wasn't a android*, she was a Borg who was freed from the collective on Star Trek Voyager. A somewhat poorly considered character that ended up being exploited entirely for fanservice crap. Not to mention her Ocular implant became the magic tech that would be woven into more plotlines that she could very well have been inspector gadget. It was like Geordi Laforge's Visor from Star Trek:TNG, which apparently could be turned into a bomb, a phaser, a detonator, a force field generator, or a time machine. If reality was anything like Star Trek I'd be able to turn my MP3 player into a phaser by fiddling with it at random and then bombarding it with some exotic radiation, At which point it would explode at the most inopportune time later.

Of course, in Star Trek's universe, Starships are built with consoles that explode, and entertainment machines that constantly put thousands of people in mortal danger.

But I digress rather heavily.

*Like OMG *bits of cheeto come flying out my mouth as I talk with my mouth full* how can somebody not know that? It's almost like you have something better to do with your time or something than watch poorly written science fiction television series.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:13:07 AM by BC_Programmer »
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »
I thought she was pretty sharp looking myself...

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 06:43:46 AM »
As BC said, these sort of articles are just people guessing and making very vague statements as to what Windows 9 will do purely so they can publish something that will gain a lot of traffic.

The article also hints that it is not an improvement to windows 8. Instead, an improvement to Windows 7. What?   -- Yeah, he said that.
Where?  From what I see the article states quite the opposite.