Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't log on/temporary account issues  (Read 3146 times)

Solzhenitsyn

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't log on/temporary account issues
    « on: June 03, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
    Here's the story:

I was inserting a wireless card into my computer recently. I have removed and inserted the card many times, without any issues. This time though, when I plugged the power lead back in and turned it on, it wouldn't load past the welcome message that displays after you click on your account and enter your password. It isn't frozen, because the loading symbol is still moving next to it, but it just stays with the 'Welcome' message. I removed the wireless card and it is no different, and safe mode does not load either. Weirder still, after around 2 hours (seriously) of waiting, it WILL log in, but on to a temporary account, with a message saying that the account can not be accessed.

Weirder, weirder still, in the temporary account I tried to find out the specs of the computer using run/dxdiag, but when I click on any of the areas it just says 'Cannot Collect Information', so I can't even give you the specs. I know it was an I4 processor, a Sapphire graphics card and an Asus motherboard, but none of this probably helps you. It is on Windows 7.

You probably read this a lot, but the files/programs on the computer are reaaaally important to me. I need some computer hope please!
      :)
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:17:28 PM by Solzhenitsyn »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can't log on/temporary account issues
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
    If data retrieval is the priority here i'd pull the HDD and put it in an external enclosure and copy/move the data to a working PC...
    That or hook it up as a slave drive...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "