Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need parts  (Read 2698 times)

ckch03

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    need parts
    « on: July 04, 2014, 06:54:59 PM »
    hello I am trying to rebuild a laptop for my son who is 10 and this laptop is a nec versapro VY16E/LX-X and I need parts but I have checked everywhere for parts and came up empty. I will even take generic parts I don't care just I need parts so here is the part numbers and if someone can give me a hand with replacement parts or compriable and where to go to get them I am forever in your det.

1 cooling fan part # UDQF2R13CCM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE OEM. can be generic

2 hdd MK8032GSX 80GB Interface serial ATA, transfer sata/150

again parts do not have to be oem so if someone know where to get a list of replacement or generic parts and where to get thankyou very much

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need parts
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
    Cooling fan will be the most difficult to find. There should be a sticker on this fan with info such as voltage, rpms, cfm's, etc. Then you need to measure its dimensions and find a similar fan. I had an old Pentium 3 Compaq that needed a cooling fan once and I ended up buying one through Mouser.com, but there are thousands of different fans out there and you need one that will fit the space, operate on same voltage, and same rpm range to provide the necessary airflow, and lastly if there are 3 wires or more to this fan vs just 2, it means that the fan has a tach that the computer must see otherwise it will shut itself down to protect itself from an overheat of a non moving fan even if replacement fan spins.

Looking on ebay there are lots of parts out there with some fans that may or may not work with different part numbers are shapes and sizes. Have you checked ebay out yet?

The hard drive can be any SATA II or SATA I HDD that is a 2.5" drive that is * less than 500GB. * Some older systems struggle to support drives in excess of 500GB. You can find used SATA I drives cheap online such as ebay and it doesnt need to be this specific model HDD that was originally in it.

Ebay has many drives available that are 2.5" and SATA. Most SATA II drives are backwards compatible to SATA I speed controllers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-HTS545012B9SA00-120GB-2-5-5400RPM-SATA-Hard-Drive-/121376617449?pt=US_Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item1c429c33e9#ht_1705wt_916

Can you provide more info on the cooling fan and maybe even some pictures if its not a square muffin fan?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need parts
    « Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:33:26 PM »
    IMHO parts for the Nec Versapro are either too hard to find or overpriced.
    And if it were me, I would think about selling the Nec for parts and buying a lower-priced laptop in working condition.

You can find a good  ACER, Dell, IBM  or HP laptop for under $100 and working.
    Just saying