Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sharing programs not woring  (Read 2474 times)

Guy

Sharing programs not woring
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:19:04 PM »
I posted this before but I lost track of it.

Someone said I should try enabling p2p networking or downloading the programs again.
Well I tried that and still no joy.

When I use Merc I get into the hubs but dont see any mesages nor can I see any method of downloadin files from other users. And the search engine dosent find anything.

When I use DC++ I get into the hub and have the option to DL only the connection always times out no matter how the persons file is, thats jusr when ts connecting to a users list, I cant get near the files. Also I can see other peoples messages unlike Merc. But again the search engine finds squat.

However Kazaa and LimeWire work fine.

I've tried disabling Norton, lowering secuurity, enabling p2p connections, and just about anything the help file tells me to do (I changed them back dont worry). I didnt have this problem on my old computer I could just connect to a hub and take what I wanted .

GX1_Man

Re: Sharing programs not woring
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:02:05 PM »
Dunno. That's illegal in this country due to DRM. Where are you located? Hopester Doofus is our P2P expert here because he lives in Canada.  :o :o :o :o

Guy

Re: Sharing programs not woring
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 08:11:13 PM »
Its not illegal to have program in democratic countries, just to DL copyrighted files.
And technically it is legal to DL and buy pirates from Vietnam (Any country without such laws) as there are no laws against it over there, to arrest someone for that is a direct violation of international law.
And I am from Russia anyway so is okay.