Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FPS maxing  (Read 3634 times)

jakemalta22

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    FPS maxing
    « on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
    Hi so this is my first post here and after reading some of the threads it looks like quite a friendly forum even though some basic questions are asked.
    So i've got quite a basic-ish question to ask and it's regarding the FPS during gaming. So, I'd like to know if there's some sort of way to Max out my FPS as I bought an Alienware 14, which is quite the beast of the gaming laptops, and while playing League of Legends I noticed that the FPS is still at 60 and staying there throughout the game. Before I bought this laptop I had an Acer Aspire 5740G which was atleast 3 years old and still managed to get 60FPS while playing on mid graphics. Now I'm playing on Ultra graphics and I'm sure that this laptop can reach more than 60FPS  and would like to know how I can achieve that. I am also sure that I didn't click the the FPS limiter.

Just as extra information for those who don't know, the Alienware 14's hardware are the following:

Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ Processor 2.5Ghz (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
    14" FULL HD (1920x1080P) Anti-glare Display
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    256GB SSD 6Gb/s + 1TB (5400rpm) Hard Disk Drive
    2GB NVidia GeForce GT 765M
    Killer NIC 1202 802.11n
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64BIT)

I also play on WiFi if that makes any difference but I've never had any connection problems.

I'd appreciate some replies but there is no rush as I don't have as much time as I used to have to game as I've recently taken up a course in computing and have lots to do :(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: FPS maxing
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
    you could probably force it higher (How, I don't know for this case- disabling vsync, typically) than 60fps but it will be pointless since that is likely your display's refresh rate.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jakemalta22

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: FPS maxing
      « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:11:16 AM »
      Thanks, I will try messing about with the graphics settings and let you know