Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD Compatibility  (Read 2437 times)

shine1lytskin28

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    LCD Compatibility
    « on: October 22, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »
    I am replacing the laptop LCD on a friends Toshiba +A215-s7444
    model # psafgu-02L002  15.4" screen and
    I would like to know if either an  hp dv6000  15.4 or  a Toshiba A135-s7404 15.4 will work in this laptop? ???

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: LCD Compatibility
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:52:22 AM »
    I would try to find a cross reference. Best location for cross reference is to see if anyone is selling a replacement on ebay or amazon where they may list models that display was specifically used for.

If you look up the 2 donor laptops and find that the display is a match between the one requiring the display and the one that is the donor than your really lucky and it should work out well, however if there is a mismatch, you can open them up and see if the ribbon connection is the same and take a risk of damaging the laptop by connecting a mismatched model or getting it to work. Its a gamble with a display never intended for that specific model and not advised to do so.

Its very unlikely that taking a display of similar size from 2 other mismatched models would work with the one requiring a display. You pretty much need to find what model computers that specific display was used in and then get one of those displays that was known to be used for that model. Also in some rare instances displays changed mid-run of the model and you may find that the laptop has to be a certain model and Rev or a certain model and GPU chipset where there may have been 2 or 3 different chipsets such as nVidia, AMD, or Intel.