Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chieftec, Hiper or Q-tec  (Read 6172 times)

Raptor

Chieftec, Hiper or Q-tec
« on: July 23, 2004, 04:21:11 AM »
I would like to know if anyone could tell me a bit about the PSU's these companies manufacture. (Chieftec, Hiper and Q-tec)

I have not really got a choice, I would go for an Antec as Dummy2K suggested but I would have to travel to the neighbouring country which is not quite an option.

Raptor

Re: Chieftec, Hiper or Q-tec
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 03:52:19 AM »
Bump...

MalikTous

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 11:02:43 AM »
You may have better results getting PSUs via an Internet shop. I'm not familiar with Q-pro or Hiper, and Chieftec has garnered only average results. If you can afford an Antec, they are a good quality supply and worth it.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 12:23:28 PM »
I could afford it, the problem is, I can not order it. I donot have a creditcard nor do I know of any other (Dutch) websites that allow me to pay by giro or other method but creditcard.

Right now I have a Q-tec PSU and I am very dissapointed in it's performance.

2k dummy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 12:57:48 PM »
Of the three you mention, Chieftec or Hiper 420 watt or higher are probably your best bet. The Hiper is only sold on the European market so might be you will get a better idea of its performance by visiting some of the European overclocking sites. The Chieftec 420 is stable to 400 watts maximum load and has a shutdown feature that performs properly. This prevents damage to the other components in event of overload on any of the rails and it will restart after a few seconds of cool down.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 05:05:43 PM »
Great, thanks, I will see what I can find about Hiper and Chieftec. Any links you recommend for reviews and the like?