Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting sound to play through mic in 8.1?  (Read 5046 times)

Wuai Bel Ree

Topic Starter

Beginner

Getting sound to play through mic in 8.1?
    « on: November 15, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
    How do I get sounds my computer plays to play through my microphone with no third-party software?

Can anyone help me out a bit with this? I've got a soundboard program that has sound files binded to keys so that whenever I press a key a sound files plays. I'm not sure what to change on my Microphone and Stereo Mix so that the sounds play through the microphone.
    I tried watching a video, but he had more devices than me. I only have Speakers and Realtek Digital Output for Playback, and Microphone and Stereo Mix for Recording.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Getting sound to play through mic in 8.1?
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »
    How do I get sounds my computer plays to play through my microphone with no third-party software?
    A microphone, of course, is an input device. The above sentence seems to imply a mic is an output device. 

Do you have software to record, or not?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Getting sound to play through mic in 8.1?
    « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:30:07 PM »
    What is the model number of the computer? Some have controls built into the case of the computer. Or there may be a special key on the keyboard to turnon the sound output. My keyboard has a mute button. Does yours?