Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Problems  (Read 2042 times)

brbb

Monitor Problems
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:13:03 PM »
We just redid my girlfriend's computer and it worked fine, we just had to download a new graphic driver, we did so and she told me over the phone that it made the sides "wavy." I never saw this, but I told her I would download another one next time I was over there. Well she came back from her family's Halloween Party Sunday night and said that the monitor was on and so was the computer, but the monitor just showed a black screen, all she could see was the taskbar and that it was extremely hard to see, she just accidentally saw it, so to speak, but she said that it was there even when the computer was turned off... Does anyone know a way to fix it? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

GX1_Man

Re: Monitor Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 07:19:31 PM »
Well the story doesn't quite make sense if she could see something on screen and it was turned off (unless it was a terribly old monitor with screen burn in, but I doubt it).

What computer make/model, what kind of graphics card, and what operating system?