Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cd rom not dected when install win 98se  (Read 7624 times)

Adriana

Cd rom not dected when install win 98se
« on: November 06, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »
OK, here's the deal, my friend got an OLD computer, no make for you guys sorry, i have no idea what it is, but I do have all the important info. OK, i hooked up the computer, and it had win '95 on it, my friend asked if I could install win 98se, so i put in my boot up disk, formatted the HDD, did the sys transfer thing, but when I went to setup, it didn't do anything, so i restarted the computer, did the start computer with cd rom support, and I saw it say "no cd rom detected" I opened the computer and found it is hooked to a sound card. the cd rom is a "Mitsumi 2x CDMC-FX001D" I found a driver for it at driver guide, but I need to get windows installed, how can i do that when my start up disk doesn't have the right driver for the cd rom? HELP PLEASE!!!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Cd rom not dected when install win 98se
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 01:13:02 PM »
    Adriana.....did you copy the cd rom driver onto the Win 98 boot disk ? If you didnt do so ....then put in the boot disk and reboot ...now the cd rom driver will load and you should now be able to see it in bios and be able to load your O/S

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 08:26:07 AM »
    When you boot with a Win98 boot disk option#2 is "Start machine with CDRom support. Choose this.
    You're CDRom will show which drive it  is at the end of the boot process...probably E:
    Type E: and hit enter...
    At the E: prompt type setup and hit enter...
    The installation will now start.

If you had not made a Win98 bootdisk just travel to bootdisk.com and grab one there. This needs to be extracted to a clean floppy so you'll need to be on another machine.

patio.  8)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Adriana

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:04:27 PM »
    dl65- so all i have to do is put the driver on the same floppy as the boot up disk? I feel really blonde now. Thank you.

patio- The boot up disk was made from my computer, i am trying to install on my friends pc.

I'll try it and let you all know what happens, thank you.
    Adriana

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 12:56:19 PM »
    You're more than welcome and let us know how it works out...

patio.  8)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "