Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: amazon 1button app - unable to remove icon from programs/features windows 8  (Read 9832 times)

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi there,

I used Glary Utilities and was able to remove some unnecessary apps. However, after I removed Amazon 1Button App its icon still appears in 'Programs and Feature' but uninstall option is not available, only change or repair. When I try to change or repair, its not allowing saying the source .msi file is not available.

Any suggestions appreciated as to how to remove this amazon feature completely.

Also, any suggestions as how to correctly clean all the 'junk' from Windows 8 would be appreciated too.

Topic Starter

Beginner

sorry...can you give me the link...I mean specifically?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      Please ignore the post that was there, it was spam and has been removed.

When you say you used Glary Utilities, did you use that to uninstall the Amazon app?  If so, sounds like it wasn't removed properly, try installing it again and then running the proper uninstaller though the Programs and Features applet.
      If you could clarify what junk you're trying to remove, I'm sure someone will be able to assist.