Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Epson XP-310 stuck in perpetual spool  (Read 2903 times)

dedworld

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Wireless Epson XP-310 stuck in perpetual spool
    « on: February 05, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »
    I have an Epson XP-310 wireless printer and I am having problems printing wirelessly from my desktop PC.  I also have Mac laptop that is able to wirelessly print to this same printer without issue.

This issue seems to occur whenever the house loses power. In the past, I had to completely uninstall the printer & software and do a fresh reinstall in order for my computer to print wirelessly again.

The main issue is that whenever I print a page, it just sits there in the queue until eventually it says, “error printing.” When I troubleshoot the printer, it corrects itself by clearing the queued documents and resetting the spool, but when I try to print again and same thing happens every time.
    Some things that I’ve tried:
    -   Uninstalled and reinstalled the printer 4 times
    -   Stopped and started the printer spool
    -   Cleared out old spooled documents from the “Windows 32/Printer” folder
    -   Restarted both the computer and printer several times

Since this only happens during a power failure, it must have something to do with my router restarting itself. But the fact that my mac can print wirelessly without problem has me baffled. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

My Desktop computer specs:
    Homebuilt PC, Windows 7, all updates installed, 8gb of RAM, Nvidia Gforce 570 video card, no sound card, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Essential Security installed.

dedworld

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Wireless Epson XP-310 stuck in perpetual spool
      « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
      **UPDATE**

Problem is solved. I simply had to manually unplug and re-plug the router and cable modem from its power source and the printer "magically" worked wirelessly once again. I hope that this helps someone else with the same problem!  ;D

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Wireless Epson XP-310 stuck in perpetual spool
      « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
      Thanks for sharing. :)