Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AUDIO PROBLEM  (Read 4945 times)

ANEEBPA

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    AUDIO PROBLEM
    « on: February 14, 2015, 05:02:40 AM »
    Dear Friends my system was Running windows xp. day before yesterday i installed Windows 7. After wards Audio is not available. some time it says driver is corrupt. some times says Device is not installed.
    My mother board is ASUS P8H61-M LX3 R2.0. i went to asus site and download all the related drivers. still sound is not working. can anyone help.

thanks
    aneeb

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: AUDIO PROBLEM
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
    Hi there,

A bit more information may be required to successfully diagnose this issue. Firstly, what sort of graphics are you currently using? Is it an HDMI-ready graphics card? If so, it could be as simple as windows not understanding which audio device you wish to use (HDMI supplies both audio and video channels). This can be resolved by opening the Control Panel from the Start menu/orb, then selecting audio devices and changing the default audio output device. This will only work if you have a working, installed audio driver, however. Likewise, if your monitor has built-in speakers, and is connected via HDMI to your video card, you will want to select this HDMI audio device as the default audio device.

I understand you said there may have been some issues with the audio driver during installation- does it always report a failure or other error when you attempt to install the audio drivers? If so, what is the reported error? If not, check out Device Manager to see whether the device is reporting any errors/conflicts (right-click "Computer" then select "Manage" [authenticate as administrator] and within the new window that appears, find Device Manager in the left Window-pane). Look for any icons that indicate error (red or yellow colored icons) or disabled hardware (icon with an arrow pointing downward). If within the audio devices category you find no errors, then you should have a valid, installed driver. If you see an indication of error, double-click the afflicted device to view the status code. Please report back with the status code(s) of any troubled hardware and we can go from there.
     :)
    It is my intention to give back where possible through the knowledge I've gained over the course of my experience both personally and professionally throughout my life. I try to accomplish this in a polite, and friendly manner, as I too had to begin somewhere. :)