Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Driver issue  (Read 3454 times)

bao

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Graphics Driver issue
    « on: February 04, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »
    I have a Dell Latitude D630, a few minutes after I start up the laptop and sometimes even later on, the computer just crashes. This all began after a year or two of use for the first time yesterday while I was gaming. I suspect that the issue is from the graphics drive considering the fact that the screen will just flicker then crash. Sometimes when I restart after a crash, the scree splits and turns a slight green color with lines everywhere. I have to restart a few times to get it back to normal. This issue is becoming a nuisance as I never really know when it is going to act up and shut down.

I updated the driver to what I know with my limited knowledge, yet it seems to not have helped the issue.

The driver is a Nvidia Quadro NVS 135 M 341.21

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Graphics Driver issue
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »
    This may be a bit late, but this is classic indication of overheating, for both CPU's (processor) and GPU's (graphics processor). Do you regularly clean out your laptop with a can of compressed air? If not, you may want to invest in some. When cleaning, be careful not to let the cooling fans spin too aggressively, as this may strain the fan bearings and ruin the cooling fan itself (this usually isn't too much an issue with laptops as the heat sink [metal fins] is generally more exposed than are cooling fans).

Being that you game on this machine, it is best to avoid letting the laptop sit on fabric (such as carpeting, clothing, etc.) as this will hinder the cooling systems ability to move air and hence cool your laptop. If you do not have a convenient flat surface, such as a dining tray, to sit your laptop upon, several outlets sell cooling pads for laptops, some even come with their own cooling fans to increase heat dissipation.

I look forward to hearing if this resolved your problem. :)
    [Edited for typos]
    It is my intention to give back where possible through the knowledge I've gained over the course of my experience both personally and professionally throughout my life. I try to accomplish this in a polite, and friendly manner, as I too had to begin somewhere. :)