Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: KeyBoard Repeat  (Read 4663 times)

jimbetsie

KeyBoard Repeat
« on: July 24, 2004, 06:18:57 AM »
Does anyone know why sometimes when I push a key on my keyboard it keeps repeating until I hit backspace.I thought it might had been my keyboard so I changed it and even bought a knew one and it still does it.Not always but too often to be a pain in the neck

merlin_2

Re: KeyBoard Repeat
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 04:10:40 PM »
is you port damaged /lose on the mobo ...what happens if you use the mouse ps/2 port does it still do it.?

jimbetsie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 04:27:17 PM »
I don't know I only have USB ports my keyboard is on an adapter for ps2.I can't find a USB keyboard.It was working fine before it just started 3-4 months ago. I have had the computer for a couple of yeard now.Is there any other way to check the port

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 04:42:38 PM »
how many usb have you attached<bandwidth>and what o/s is this  and did the usb keyboard come with the drivers on f/d .disk..to check ports on a mobo needs specialized equipment...what happens if you move the cable side to side on it and how old is this pc...and what graphics card ..on board plug in..have you got..there are diagnostics programs like aida32 sisoftsanda etc out there...

jimbetsie

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 05:02:28 PM »
I have 4 USB ports all used,I'm using 98SE,the keyboard i am using is not a USB, I cannot find one.The computer is a 2001 but I've had it rebooted and repaired from Gateway a few times.I don't know about the Grafic Card or the Onboard Plug ins.It doesn't happen too too often so there isn't time to wiggle the cable. I just hi backspace  bring it back and keep typing. until it does it again which usually  doesn't for a while or days later
Thank You for your help