Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XFX playhard 750I Debug code 2E  (Read 3185 times)

dustynana

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    XFX playhard 750I Debug code 2E
    « on: March 06, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
    So iv'e been helping a friend that is having a problem with his computer. He shut it down earlier this morning but when he comes home and turns it on, now it's just black screen and on the back of the moherboard it gives the debug code 2E. At one point we got it to say D0 but now it's back to 2E. Iv'e had him do everything from reseating every piece possible and benchtesting it with nothing but what is necessary. We've done i can think of. I looked it up and the only things i could find about it was that maybe the GPU is fried, or the motherboard itself is dead. The board is old and has been passed down to several people, and has had problems before.

Motherboard-XFX playhard 750I
    CPU- Not sure, just remember it being a dual core2.6-2.8ghz processor.
    Ram-8gigs, not sure what brand.
    PSU- New, corsair cx500m or somthing. we switched out the old one about a month ago because it was dying itself and causing problems.
    HDD- there are two, they both have 250gb i think.

I know the specs i'm giving aren't very descriptive but i can't get a  look at the PC myself and my friend knows little to nothing about this stuff.