Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Webcam Help  (Read 5033 times)

Desideratum

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Webcam Help
    « on: March 07, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »
    So, I own a Windows 8 HP Envy dv6 Notebook PC (I think?). Honestly, I don't know much about computers so that may not be the correct information. However, today when I was Skyping my boyfriend, my video decided to stop working. A message popped up that read something about not being able to read or recognize the USB I had tried to plug in. At the time, nothing was plugged into the USB port. I restarted my laptop and Skype a few times, and it worked after a while only to go out an hour or so later. I've tried everything I can think of (which isn't much, admittedly) and don't know what to do. Help would be appreciated!

Levente99

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Webcam Help
      « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »
      A message popped up that read something about not being able to read or recognize the USB I had tried to plug in. At the time, nothing was plugged into the USB port.

This is confusing, was there or was there not a device plugged into a USB port?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »
      She said there was nothing plugged in.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:01:37 AM »
      A point of clarification seems needed here.  Were you using the built-in webcam or a USB webcam, which means a device you plug in to a USB port?   And, if you have a built-in webcam, which is almost universal nowadays, why do you have a USB webcam?