Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: S-Video to TV  (Read 1959 times)

compEngineer0

S-Video to TV
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:18:47 PM »
I am trying to get my computer to output video to my TV via an s-video cable, but it's not working. I've done it before, but not with an ATI card (I now have a Radeon X800XL). The cable is connected and I went into the advanced display properties tab and it does detect that I have a tv connected. it appears to be that the monitor is currently the display, so i click the red button next to tv and it looks as though it switches to the tv being the current display, so i click apply and then ok, the screen will kind of flicker and then nothing happens... so i restarted the computer and when it came back on, the video was now showing up on my tv until it got to the login screen, then it switched back to monitor. how do i get it to switch to tv and stay?

compEngineer0

Re: S-Video to TV
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »
nevermind i got it working... just had to reboot the computer with only the tv attached, no monitor. now it will switch between monitor and tv.