Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Right click options on my sound device will not open, except mixer and options  (Read 6180 times)

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    My computer is connected to 2 audio sources only, HDMI to my TV and a USB that goes to my headset. So I have 2 audio programs, 1 which is the default windows one with the megaphone picture, the other one is HP beats audio. The default one doesn't work when on TV. HP audio beats always works even with TV so I use that to change audio devices if need be. So I thought this problem is no big deal if I just improvise. Everytime I change from my TV to my headset, the right click options that don't work suddenly pop up and start working(doesn't always work though), which is annoying because if I'm busy doing something it will minimize whatever I'm doing on the computer.

I really need to know how to fix this problem, because I looked at google for answers and reinstalling my audio driver doesn't really seem to work nor do I know how. I can't even go on "manage audio devices" on the control panel because most of the time it doesn't open up. I'm also thinking this could be more than a sound issue because between switching sound devices I get some latency problems like mouse lag and type lag which is very noticeable. I wouldn't put it past me if I had a USB hub problem.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    thehandyman,
      Please give the make and model of your computer.
    You said HP, but which HP?
    Also, how old is the computer?
    And did it have other problems?

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

It's an HP h8-1022. It's heavily modded though. I recently got a motherboard change to install a GTX 960. Couple of years old. I don't know what brand the motherboard is since it doesn't specify in DXDIAG, just says system manufacturer and system product name.
      Other problem is skype will freeze when I try to log-in. Keep getting white screen.
      « Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:21:48 AM by thehandyman »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      Each motherboard has chip set drivers that are specific to that motherboard.
      You replaced the motherboard, so the original HP drives would not work. There should have been a CD with proper drivers for the motherboard.

Can you find  The FCC ID number on the board?

The ID of the motherboard is needed.
      See this:
      http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/How-to-Find-Out-Your-Motherboards-Manufacturer-and-Model/236

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

I honestly have no idea where to find the FCC ID. But I found the box it says ASUS H61M-E (intel chipset H61)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        This may be what you have.
        http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61ME/
        You might get drivers here:
        http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61ME/HelpDesk_Download/

It is late and I have to get to bed.   :)

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

Installed the audio driver. Still doesn't work. Have a good one though, appreciate the help.

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

So I unplugged a bunch of USB from the back hub and that pretty much solved the problem lol. Now to figure out which USB has been messing up my sound drivers.