Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VPN - Java blocking applications  (Read 4769 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

VPN - Java blocking applications
    « on: April 02, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »
    Hi,

I am facing issues with remote access login (VPN). It requires Java, Juniper & Citrix receiver to run. It was working fine till Java updated to v.8.

I am able to login into the URL & even view the applications. But once I click on it, I get a security warning about the certificate of the url. I select the option to continue but get an error after sometime '[Your security settings have blocked an application from running due to missing a 'Permissions' manifest attribute in the main jar'. After some online research, I added the URL (not just the main URL but even detailed like www.example.com\abc, etc in the exception list in Java config. But still get the same error. I then uninstalled Java8 & installed Java 7, changed the security settings to medium, added the exceptions, but still get the same message.

I then uninstalled Java & Juniper, installed Java 6, removed all security checks & tried. When I clicked on the application, it started a Juniper client setup install & then got an error 'juniperext.exe is not a legitimate application or plug-in. You are not allowed to install through browser sandbox environment'.

I have tried IE, Chrome & Firefox. IE & Chrome simply keep refreshing to the same page whereas Firefox provides the above mentioned error boxes.

Pop-up blockers are disabled too.

Would appreciate any suggestions on working around this.

Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: VPN - Java blocking applications
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
    Did you already see this?
    How do I revert back to Java 7 after installing Java 8?
    WORKAROUND

Addressing these cases usually require changes to the application or how it is configured. While waiting for those changes to be made by the application provider, reverting to earlier versions of Java will usually allow the application to continue running. Developers can review the Compatibility Guide for Java 8 for guidance on updating their applications.