Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Your favorite 140mm and quietest 140mm case fan is?  (Read 3578 times)

frldyz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Your favorite 140mm and quietest 140mm case fan is?
    « on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
    Just curious to hear what everyones favorite 140mm case fan is? SP and AF.

Also what dB does it run @. And can you hear that from outside the case when the case is closed?

Im looking to add an extra 140mm fan in the case for more AirFlow. But I don't want it to be too loud. Ive read that 15dB can be heard outside the case. I also read that 25dB cannot be heard from outside the case?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Your favorite 140mm and quietest 140mm case fan is?
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
    Fan manufacturer's noise ratings are mostly BS, they don't use a standardised way of measuring sound.  The only resource I use for noise tests is http://www.silentpcreview.com/ - have a look on there and see what they have to say.  Whether you'll be able to hear the fans over anything else depends on several things - how good your hearing is, what the noise level of the room is like, and something you can't tell from any manufacturer's specs, whether the fan motor's noise is high pitched/annoying or not.  20dB of high pitched whining or buzzing is much more noticeable than 25dB of air movement.