Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WMV file on web site  (Read 3364 times)

Stan James

WMV file on web site
« on: November 12, 2005, 04:25:09 PM »
I've uploaded a .wmv file to my site, and the usual 'a href' link opens the movie as an adjunct to the web page on the left side, making it small and hard to see.  Could someone tell me how to get the movie to open in Windows Media Player as a separate, full screen window, as it does when I click on the file located on my hard drive?

Thanks!
Stan James

Dell4700

Re: WMV file on web site
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:25 AM »
Stan,

If you're trying to fix your browser display only:

- for IE, go to Tools>Internet Options - under the Advanced tab, look to see if Settings>Multimedia>Play Videos In Web Pages is enabled.  Uncheck this box to disable.

Your video file should now open in your default (WMV)multimedia player (Windows Media Player?)

- for Firefox, you will find the settings listed under Tools>Options>Downloads>File Types>Actions>Plug-Ins.  Enable WMV and it will play using the plug-in listed.  Disable and it will bypass the browser and download/play using options you choose.

If you are trying to force everyone to view your file full-screen with Windows Media Player, I wouldn't recommend it.  Better to make that recommendation on your web site and let the user decide whether his/her 66 mhz PC, 32 mb ram and dial-up modem can handle it.
Besides, I can't think of a friendly way to do it.

Dell