Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: An unexpected error has occurred. Trying to add funds to Steam wallet.  (Read 9039 times)

Gypsy_Joker

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Hi,
i want to add some money to my steam wallet but i get this same message every time.

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support.

I have sent steam a ticket but it has been over 2 weeks and no reply and i'm fed up with this.
the things that i have done to troubleshoot the problem is:
-Use different Paypal
-Install latest updates

I have looked all over the internet and only some people have the exact same issue as me. But all they can say is 'SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME!' And i'm assuming the only reason they can complain on Youtube comments and forums is because Steam clearly isn't going to help anybody!
So if anyone here has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)
Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
What OS, Browser, and is Flash up to date? Also do you have any internet security programs running that might interfere such as Norton Internet Security which you can try to temp disable during the transaction, and then re-enable after.

Gypsy_Joker

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows 7
Google chrome
i believe flash is updated
I do have Norton internet security and disabled it for the transaction and still nothing.

I forgot to mention this in my main post. I can buy games still using my paypal it's just adding money to steam wallet that is causing the issues. I'm sure it's steams fault but they just won't reply to me...
Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"