Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New(possibly old) Windows update causing freezing,crashing,and slow overall perf  (Read 5140 times)

jackm201228

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    So me being forgetful,I think I saw a windows update a couple weeks back,saying that it would install itself once the computer was shut down,if not done manually(this has no relevance to the problem,just some background information).I don't usually shut down my computer(I know that's not good) so a couple days ago when I did actually decide to shut it down it started downloading the update.This could be JUST coming out or from what I saw a while ago I have no clue.However when downloading,it took over 2 hours to complete and when booting onto the desktop nothing would load for 40+ minutes.When trying to get onto some of my games everything freezes and doesn't respond.Eventually everything goes back to normal,only a very frustrating hour and a half later,with problems still occurring when trying to open a program/double clicking something fast(ie:clicking speaker volume twice,only to freeze the whole computer for 20+ seconds).My hardware is decently old for those of you who were wondering at this point(2012) but I really don't think it would have anything to do with that,considering my load times were very good(or at least good enough for me) before the update.I've searched recent windows 8 update problems and haven't found people having the same problems close enough to mine to say that what's going on with my computer is a common thing.Any help would be great,thanks!