Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: *censored* PLEASE HELP FPS ISSUES  (Read 4996 times)

ItsCruzza

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    *censored* PLEASE HELP FPS ISSUES
    « on: June 26, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
     :-[ ???
    I bought a new computer about a year ago off of cyberpower.
    Specs-
    GeForce GTX 760ti
    AMD 8320 8 core processor
    8 Gb ram
    64 bit os
    Windows 8

After using this new, what I thought was an acceptable computer for a few months I was so happy and satisfied with my purchase and could run any game I really wanted on exceptional FPS. But about 2-3 months ago I started getting severe FPS drops for about 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time, and after this short lag spike I come back to fine FPS. For example - If I tried playing Counter Strike Global Offensive (CSGO - a source engine easy to run game ) I get this problem about once every around 3 rounds. It is making games basically unplayable with friends and is one of the most frustrating things that has ever happened to me. I've factory reset the computer twice and I currently have nothing downloaded but steam games, skype, and teamspeak. Yet I still get the problem, so if anybody could help I'd seriously appreciate it. If possible I'd like to find a way to not have to spend any more money because I already invested 1400$.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: *censored* PLEASE HELP FPS ISSUES
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »
    You did not mention what Hard drive you are using.
    One  should run a Drive Diagnostic from time to to to see if the Hard drive is slowing down the system.
    Here is a list of free tools.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm]Free Hard Drive Testing Programs

Hard drive prices are now down again. Good time to get a spare.