Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help  (Read 3541 times)

kopwolf

i need help
« on: July 25, 2004, 09:47:14 PM »
dont know wether this is relavant to this forum but i use aol and windows xp proffesional,, my problem is when i visit certain sites which i have acesed before my aol turns off and rstarts automatically,, its doing this on things like yahoo pool which i used to play regular,, can anyone help me as  its doing it on all kinds of sites,, i use broadband

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: i need help
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 11:15:18 PM »
    Kopwolf....It's just possible the cause of your problem is a virus......Is your anti-virus subscription current and with all the latest updates?
    Do you regularly scan for viruses?
    You may also wish to scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

let us know how you make out.

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

kopwolf

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 01:28:48 AM »
    i run spybot regular,, it seems to be a problem with aol.... is there anyother virus killers that i can down load free???

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 02:26:38 PM »
    http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-master-aol.html there is stinger or hijack this also check your events log admin tools error log

kopwolf

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 08:31:10 PM »
    i have done this and downloaded firefox browser and its still doing the same i think its something to do with my active x control, i had a meesage popping up saying something about my active x but diddnt stay on for me to read it how do i change them

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 04:59:35 AM »
    Spybot is NOT a virus killer. It is an Adware scanner.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 05:10:37 AM by Raptor »

southernlady

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 06:56:11 AM »
    kopwolf, you also need to download and run all the time,  SpywareBlaster. You can download it from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2859.html

SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.
    Liz

kopwolf

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »
    ok,, will try,, thanx for the reply