Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bridging two Routers - Linskys and Internet Provider's - help.  (Read 2342 times)

motherhen

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi, I am a newbie. I have a Linskys Router which is hooked up to my CCTV camreas with Basic Setup. This works okay, no issues. However, I have a new Router/Modem from my  Internet Provider. Both Routers are hooked up. And inorder to see the  recordings I have to change connections from modem to Linskys. I need to BRIDGE the two Routers to use all of my computers and wireless units without changing connections all the time.
    Unfortunately, the tech guy who installed my CCTV camreas have move, and I am unable to get in touch with him.
    The next problem is, whenever I try to connect to Internet Explorer or Firefox , I get " BLANKPAGE "
    Please help me.
         Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bridging two Routers - Linskys and Internet Provider's - help.
    « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:31 PM »
    Please provide the names and modes of all routers you want to use together.
    On the bottom or back of each router should be details about IP number, user and password.  These settings only apply to the router when it came from the factory. If you reset the router you lose any changes that have been made. That little redn button.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bridging two Routers - Linskys and Internet Provider's - help.
    « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
    Some older Linksys Routers for Bridge mode only worked with other like model Linksys Routers! If this is your situation then you would need to replace that ancient Linksys with a newer one that can sync and bridge to an off brand vs having to be same exact brand.

I ran into this bridge problem with a Linksys access point that I wanted to config as a wireless bridge... unfortunately given its age its one of the early ones that only works in bridge mode with another Linksys Access Point or Router of specific models that share the same wireless communication protocols to sync up.

This notice was hidden in my Linksys manual.... more in depth reading on this states that it has to be specific "LINKSYS ONLY" models for bridge mode to work.   :'(

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]