Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recovery of cleaned HDD on laptop  (Read 2982 times)

Libor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Recovery of cleaned HDD on laptop
    « on: July 30, 2015, 03:09:27 PM »
    Hello,
    I have a "little" issue with my PC (laptop). How can I start...

I had dual-boot on my PC, Windows 7 and Kali Linux (for testing security).
    I have one HDD and Linux was on one small (about 28GB) partition, which I have cutted from OS partition.
    So after long time not using Kali Linux I decided to format/clean that partition. It did not work with diskpart.exe (cant remember what was the problem).

Next I rebooted PC and changed BOOT option in BIOS to boot GRUB as first to get to Kali Linux. Kali Linux didnt work (it hasnt started just opened some terminal on full screen).
    I tried to start Windows using grub, didnt work.
    I change BIOS option how it was, and Windows didnt start (0xc000000f error). F8 recovery worked, but I closed it, because I have som bad experience with it (accidentaly formated C: about year ago).
    When I have no idea what to do next, I tried to start it again, but after pressing F8 nothing happened. I tried Installation CD, repair CD (which I made with some files from C->Recovery and C->Windows>Boot), repair CD made by another PC (laptop withoud CD-ROM) with Windows 7 64x, but every time it said, that Its incompatible with my version of Windows.
    I forgot to say, taht I deleted that grub option from BIOS (dont ask why, I did it).

I find a lot of things that should help.
    At last I tried Active@ Boot Disk (version 4.0.1) and in console I accidentaly cleaned (no parametres) my HDD with diskpart.exe.
    Activ@e Boot Disk has Partition Recovery so I scaned for partitions and (partitions with good status) I saved partitions (with the best status of each instead that partition with Linux) as image (DIM) on my external HDD.
    I didnt write anything on my PCs HDD so files arent overwritten (shouldnt be).

Active@ File Recovery have som function called RAID (maybe it can help, but I didnt understand very well what it will do and there is still problem with already taken drive letters (C,D,...)).

My question is: How to safely recover that partitions with their original letters (C,D,...) and settings?
    (Active Boot Disk cant recover partitions, it says that hard drive is incopatible or something like that.)
    (My USB key (BOOT) has taken letter C and DVD drive has taken D).

I can imagine a bootable USB with tool, that can recover all partitions (and files) on hard drive to their original status.

Sorry for my English and how this thread looks like, but I dont have much time now. Thx for reply!